MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Dated:  December 23, 2013

I was thinking of doing the subject of this email a quote from the song "I’ll be home for Christmas" but I decided not to. Thank you for all the gifts. I have not yet opened them (however, I do know that you sent me orange sticks and macadamia nut clusters) and I am super excited to open those and eat them all up. I love those things! Uncle Bruce is spoiling us here so much! He gave us 2 delicious hams and a bunch of other stuff. He gave us some sparkling cider too. I drank a whole bottle by myself. That stuff is so good! This is a great Christmas! I have pictures that I will send.

I have been so blessed this month. I ran out of money pretty quick this month because I was trying to eat different food, and I ended up spending too much early on, and then other expenses that came along really drained my money, but I have been so blessed to receive just a little bit more money and food to be taken care of for the month. Don't worry, the Lord will not let me go hungry. He never has. So he has been taking care of me.

We had specialized training this month. We did a Christmas Devotional with it too. It was neat. President Pitt talked about covenants. Something he taught us, and I never realized this is how important covenants are. Obedience without covenants won’t get you to heaven. If you keep the Sabbath Day holy but you are not under the covenant, you won’t get to return to Heavenly Father. When we are in the covenant though, and we are obedient, the Lord is able to bless us soooo much more! We don't progress until we are in the covenant. He really helped me love covenants and understand them so much more. We have something we recite every meeting. It starts by saying this "The West Virginia Charleston Mission is a Covenant Loving Mission with Covenant Keeping missionaries..." I really like that.  Love your covenants! They are a blessing.

The stake also did a Christmas Devotional. They told all the members to bring gifts for the missionaries. SO there was a big table full of stuff for us. Like socks, gloves, hats, shampoo, cotton candy, ties, and much more. It was very nice. We are being taken care of out here. The members out here love the missionaries. It is very humbling. I am so blessed to be around such great members of the church.

We learned today that Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the 70 is coming to our mission on the 10th of January. That is going to be a sweet treat!

Well, I love you all. I hope you all have a marvelous, fabulous, extraordinary Christmas. I know I will. I am so happy to be out here helping other people have the joy that we all have. I love this work. I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is true.

Love,

Elder Josh!

Christmas Presents!

Elder Sister is excited to open his present, but I told
him not until Christmas morning.

The White Christmas Tree.  Each ring represents someone
that was baptised during our White Christmas.

The Charleston 'Zion' Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment