WARD CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!

Dated: December 16, 2013

Highlight of this week: WARD CHRISTMAS PARTY!!! On Saturday we went up to the ward Christmas party. They had Prime Rib and Ham and then a ton of casseroles. It was sooooo goood!!! O man, they had an au jou sauce with mushrooms and onions in it to put on the prime rib. They sent us home with the leftover, so we have like 5 pounds of meat in our fridge right now. Santa Claus came also. I went and sat on his lap, and so did all the other missionaries. Ill send pictures next week.

The other eventful things that happened this week: We had a District Meeting which was good. We talked about inviting people to be baptized and resolving concerns.

So this Christmas time I have really been trying to strengthen my Relationship with the Savior. I may have already shared this, but I am going to do it again.

In 3 Nephi Chapter 17, we have Jesus Christ visiting the Nephites in the Americas. He had just taught them, and he saw that they were all tired, so he told them go to home and prepare for him to come back the next day and teach more. The people could feel his love, and they loved him back (try to imagine yourselves in their shoes and how it would feel).

They didn't want him to leave and Jesus responded-

6 And he said unto them: Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you.

 7 Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy.

 8 For I perceive that ye desire that I should show unto you what I have done unto your brethren at Jerusalem, for I see that your faith is  sufficient that I should heal you.

9 And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their blind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him.

The Savior is in the Healing Business. He healed all the Nephites that would come unto him. Some of the people needed help to come to him from their friends and family or others. Some were able to get their on their own. But the invitation for all was the same. "Come unto me and I will heal you." He does the same today. Each of us is Afflicted in some manner. The savior can heal all things. He had compassion on the Nephites. He just finished performing the atonement. He knows perfectly everyone one and everything they go though. He knows the pain of each person that has and will live on the earth, and he knows how to heal them. He can heal us as we come unto him. Sometimes we need help from others. I know I have had so much help from others to come closer to the savior. Let us never reject his invitation. He loves us so much that he will heal us. He knows our pain, our struggles, our temptations, and he will help us learn, grow, and overcome.

I love you all. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Love,

Elder Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment