WE HAVE HAD MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO DO SERVICE

Dated: April 28, 2014

What a week of walking. We live in Farmington, a little town of about 400 people. Our car is still in the shop, they haven't given us any hint of when it will be done. We just know that the Transmission Solenoid (I have no idea if that is spelled right) is broken. They are trying to figure out how it broke so they know if it is under warranty or not.  So, we have had many opportunities to do service for members. Tuesday we went and continued to help Buck with the barn. His wife fed us an amazing country dinner afterwards. Wow, good good food. We had chicken and biscuits, fried chicken (reminded me of the chicken at Chuck-a-Rama), and mashed potatoes. And then homemade banana cream pie. Yum! The next day a member came and picked us up, and we were able to help him get his garden ready. We tilled his garden and helped him around the yard. After he fed us lunch, and he also gave us some Schwans Ice Cream. Wow, that stuff is good. It's expensive, but it is good ice cream. The next day we went to another member’s home and helped them get their fish pond working. We also helped them around the yard a bunch. It was fun. The next few days, we just walked and walked. We tried to get out of Farmington a little bit so we can get places that missionaries haven't been to much. We were able to find some potentials. We walked down this deep hollow, and it started going up, and we got to the top of a mountain, and there were tons of houses up there. It was neat, so we knocked on everything up there and gave out a Book of Mormon to a 16 year old kid. Some random people gave us a ride back afterward. It was an interesting week. We didn't see much fruit from our labors, but we tried get out and work hard.

The mission is all about trying to give your will to God and do what he wants you to do. I think that is the biggest challenge for us during this life. That is what sacrifice is. Jesus Christ is our perfect example in Gethsemane. Luke 22:42 "Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done."

I will just say that I am glad for my understanding and testimony of the gospel, as limited as it may be. I don’t know everything, but I know that this Church, and Gospel are true. This is the Living Church of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. All things are possible to them that believe.

I love you all!

Love,

Elder Spencer

I'm pretty sure I made that sign!  (Just Kidding)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment