OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING!

Dated: May 19, 2014

As we were getting a ride down here to the library I noticed how green it is here. You sometimes forget until you take a step back and look at it. There is so much life here, so much growing. It is neat.

This week was interesting. We still have no truck. So we have been on foot quite a bit. One thing we did this week was Family History. They are encouraging us to use it much more in our proselyting. So we have been to the Family History Center a couple of times to look at it. I have tried to find people on our tree, but haven't been successful yet. It is fun though. I was looking at family in our line too. Like Daniel Spencer Jr. and I was reading the stories that The Bullocks have been sending out. It is neat to see our past and how our family came to the church. I particularly like Daniel Spencer's story. I share it often with people. So my excitement for Family History has grown a bit.

Something that has been on my mind this week is the Power of Jesus Christ.

 Omni 1:26
 "And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

I think that the Savior, during his ministry on the earth, wanted us to know just how powerful he really is. He showed us that he can heal the sick, make the blind see, the lame walk, the deaf hear. He laid down his life and then took it up again. He did so much to show us that He truly is powerful. I think he did that to show us that we can trust him. We can have faith in him. We can rely on him because of his power, the "power of his redemption."

When Enoch was called by God to go and preach, Enoch didn't think he could do it. He feared, that because of his weakness he would fail. But look at what the Lord told him.

Moses 6:31-32 
"And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant? And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good."

God is the creator of all things, so he has power over it all. We really can put our full trust and confidence in him. No wonder he wants us to make covenants and be bound to him. When we are bound to Christ, his power is with us. With his Power comes redemption and Salvation. His power can help us overcome any trial, or weakness we have. The Strippling warriors understood that. That God is a just God and whoever puts their trust in him will be preserved. That is a principle I think we should all ponder and try to apply in our lives. It is something I am going to work on and try to apply. We have Faith in Jesus Christ and that leads us to act. To keep the commandments, to follow the spirit, and to repent when we make a mistake. It all just makes sense.

I love you all, keep moving forward. The Tree of Life is up ahead! :D

Love,

Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment