IT'S SO MUCH FUN TO TEACH PEOPLE ABOUT THE RESTORED GOSPEL!

DATED: October 14, 2014

This week has been great! We had our Book of Mormon Class last Tuesday. We have 10 people come. It is a great success. We talked about 1 Ne 11-15. It's an amazing prophecy that Nephi is shown. It is so detailed about the Savior and his life. And it has so much detail about our day and the coming forth of the Book of Mormon. Tonight in the Class we are talking about 1 Nephi 16-18. Wow, these are some amazing chapters. I am just so much in awe at the faith of Nephi. He never waivers. He doesn't let anyone or anything shake his trust in God.

1 Nephi 17:49-51 
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto them that they should murmur no more against their father; neither should they withhold their labor from me, for God had commanded me that I should build a ship.
 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?

I really like this because Nephi knew his duty. He knew what God had commanded him to do, and he knew that he could do it with God’s help. We should all strive to have the faith and diligence that Nephi had. He is an amazing example. First Nephi is so awesome!

We had Zone P-day yesterday. We went up to Bluefield and carved pumpkins and played corn hole and had lunch. It was a lot of fun. It is just so much fun to be with and around missionaries.

Elder Blaine is so much fun. We get along really great and we have been having a lot of fun together. (just look at the attached picture. :) )

Things are going well. It's so much fun to teach people about the restored gospel! We just have to find those who will listen! haha.

Love you all. Keep going forward!

Love,

Elder Spencer

It's all Good in the Hood










No comments:

Post a Comment