PREACH MY GOSPEL IS AN AMAZING BOOK

DATED:   November 3, 2014

This week we had Elder Renlund of the 70 come to the mission and address us. It was great. We woke up at 3:00 in the morning so we could get there. He talked about a lot of things. President and Sister Salisbury also instructed us. We then had lunch, some more instruction and then we went home. It was a really great experience. I’ll tell you what, there is nothing like singing "The Spirit of God" with a room full of missionaries. The spirit was very strong and I left feeling very tired, but spirituality filled.

One thing that I have noticed, is how much the members of the 70 study Preach my Gospel. Preach my Gospel is an amazing book. We are all missionaries, and it teaches us how to be missionaries. I encourage everyone to add it to your daily study. It will bless your life.

I can’t really think of much more that happened this week. The great people we are working with are still moving forward. We had 5 people come to church this week. It was awesome. The members here were very excited about it. It was a very good fast and testimony meeting.

We also attended another church with an investigator this week. It was interesting. It was a Baptist/Pentecostal church, or as some say Baptistcostal. It was a good insight on how people feel when they come to our church for the first time.

For a short thought today I would like to talk about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This includes Faith, Repentance, Baptism/Making/keeping Covenants, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. These are the steps for being able to come close to Jesus Christ. We need to have faith, and that faith leads us to repent. We make covenants with God, and Receive his Promised Blessing. For example with Baptism, we receive the promise of Remission of Sins, and Being born again, and Having the Spirit as a constant companion. As we continue this process we are Enduring to the End. We have to keep going. This is how we Come unto Christ. We need to constantly be striving to strengthen our Faith. That leads to the rest of the process. We trust God and Change, and bring our lives and will in line with his life and will. As we do this we become "redeemed of the Lord".  It’s all worth it. Look at this scripture I found this morning.

2 Nephi 8:11 Therefore, the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy and holiness shall be upon their heads; and they shall obtain gladness and joy; sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

Something else that Elder Renlund told us come from this scripture.

D&C 84:77 And again I say unto you, my friends, for from henceforth I shall call you friends, it is expedient that I give unto you this commandment, that ye become even as my friends in days when I was with them, traveling to preach the gospel in my power;

Jesus Christ has given us a commandment to be his friend. Just ponder that.

Love you all!

Love,

Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment