IT IS AWESOME TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH SUCH COOL PEOPLE

Elder O and I
:)

Dated: 4/29/13

Hi Family!!!

How have you all been? I hope everything is going good.

So, this has been a pretty cool week. Nothing too eventful though. So first off, I am so glad to hear that Sheila is doing well. I think that is super cool that they still find a way for her to come to church. It seems like pulling teeth to get people to come to church out here. They don't see the importance of making the sacrifice to come to church. I will probably share Sheila's story with some people sometime. It is really inspirational.

Gretna is a cool town. It is so different then living in a city. The great thing about people out here is they like to cook and they cook very well. I have been loving the food I get to eat out here. There are lot's of mom n' pop restaurants that are very good also. I have also had the best Mexican food ever out here too. Yum!

The people out here are so humble. There are some members that are such good examples of people who put their faith in Christ and as Alma 26:27 states "bear with patience [there] afflictions." It is awesome to be able to be out here and make friendships with such cool people. I have only been here for 6 weeks, but some of the people I feel like I have known them forever. They are just such amazing people!

This isn't a very eventful email, but I will tell you my testimony. As I have been talking to people, and starting to understand different denominations of religions, I realize the gratitude I have for being a member of The CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. I have the knowledge of the same exact church that Christ established when he was on the earth, and the gospel He established with the Prophets in the scriptures. This is "the way" back to our loving Heavenly Father. It is something that He provides all of us to choose whether we will accept it or reject it. If we accept it and live it to the best of our ability, and I mean our very best, we are promised exaltation if we endure to the end. I know that the young boy named Joseph Smith saw GOD the father and his son JESUS CHRIST in the sacred grove. I try to put myself in his shoes and imagine what it would be like. There is no way someone could deny that experience. He sealed his testimony with his blood. The Church has always faced persecution and difficulty from the world. It will continue to. Satan knows how important this work is. Satan himself has a testimony of the work and of JESUS CHRIST. That is why he does all he can to destroy the kingdom of God. He can not do that though, not if we don't let him. If we will all build on the "rock of our redeemer, whereon if men build they cannot fall" and keep strong in the gospel, strong in faith, and strong in obedience, then God has promised us victory. God will be victorious, we already know that. It is our task to get on his side, on the side of the victorious, and help all we can get there as well because then we will all be able to return to Heavenly Father. I know that is something I want and I want it for others as well. I have already made the decision to get there, now I am going to base my life around that decision. I encourage all to do the same. "If you want the Telestrial kingdom, then do nothing. If you want the Terrestrial kingdom, do something. If you want the Celestial Kingdom, do it all."

Stay strong, go to church, pray every day and night, and read the scriptures. Those are conduits of the spirit. Those are how God will give us answers to questions and how he will teach us Truth.

I love you all.

Love,

Elder Joshua R. Spencer

 I got this shirt at the MTC.  P-Day is fun!

We had a venison roast, so we got our hands on a crockpot and cooked it for 12 hours with BQ sauce.  And then we pulled it.  It was so good.

Awwwwe!

See, the mailbox is empty.  Can you fix that? Look at my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment