ONCE AGAIN,GOD SHOWS ME THAT PRAYER WORKS

Dated: 6/10/13

This week has been a great week. I already told you about the early part of the week, but now I will tell you about Wednesday on. So, after I emailed you on Wednesday, all of us in the district went to the church and played basketball for like 4 hours. O man, I was so worn out after that. It was a ton of fun though.  Later, Elder Ochsenbein and I went to a High School Graduation for one of the members that we have been teaching for the last few months.  It reminded me of my graduation.  O, the place that the graduation was held is Liberty University. All the other missionaries were telling us that if staff at Liberty sees us there, they will ask us to leave because we are missionaries. Luckily, no one saw us though. They don't allow LDS missionaries on their campus. That night, us 4 missionaries that were staying in Lynchburg/Gretna all stayed at the 4 person house and all the missionaries transferring out went to the other apartments. So the next day, we had 4 cars and 2 missionaries that could drive, so we spent Thursday shuffling the cars around and getting them all to the church. Then we waited for the transfer train to get down to Lynchburg. It came at 7:00p.m. So my boy (Elder Snow) was worn out. That five hour drive from Charleston is a real trip.

That's my new companion’s name, Elder Keric Snow. He is from St. George. He is 19. And he is a great missionary. I am looking forward to working with him. It has been a good couple of days training so far. Nothing too crazy. One cool experience. Elder Snow lost his watch. Brand spankin new $50 watch. He had a thought where he might have lost it. So before we left yesterday, we said a prayer we would be able to find it. We drove to the area where he thought it might be and we got out of the car and I walked right to it. I was just walking, looked down and boom, there is was. Once again, God shows me that PRAYER WORKS.

Yesterday in church, Elder Snow and I taught Young Women's. We talked about the different responsibilities of the different quorums of the priesthood. It was interesting to be teaching the young women. Funny thing was, we weren't asked to do that until Saturday, so we had to come up with a 45 minute lesson in all of about 1 hour during our study time on Sunday. It wasn't bad though.  O and on Saturday, we had a baptism, OK well not really. It was for a little girl in our branch. She turned 8, so she was baptized. Elder Snow and I were able to stand as the Witnesses. The first time her foot came up, so I told the person baptizing that he had to do it again. It went better the second time. So ya, it has been a good week, and I am looking forward to the next 12 weeks. Whoopee, I love being a missionary!

Love,

Elder Spencer

Elder Snow and I

No comments:

Post a Comment