I AM SURE THERE ARE PREPARED PEOPLE HERE IN GRETNA

Dated: July 17, 2013

So, neither Elder Snow nor I are getting transferred. I am glad about that. I like it here in Gretna. In our district, three elders are being transferred out. I learned that Elder Thueson, (my MTC comp) will be coming into the Lynchburg District. He will be the first elder I will have seen that I came out with.

So this week, we did a Zone meeting, a District meeting and Exchanges. Man, it was a crazy week. Exchanges were good. Elder Snow went with the District leader and I went with Elder De Graff. It is so interesting to be with different missionaries.

I really enjoyed what you told me about the Ward Birthday party. That sounded like a lot of fun and I really enjoyed what you told me about how all the Bishops spoke. Man, I have had the best Bishops in the 24th ward. They are all just so great!

We don't have a very big teaching pool right now. We have been trying to find new investigators, but most people don't even want to talk to us, and if they do, it is a conversation that ends with them saying "you believe what you believe and I’ll believe what I believe, we both believe in Jesus Christ so we are both going to heaven." "The parallel path to Heaven theory is devil inspired false doctrine." Elder Oaks told us that when he came in March. So that has been a struggle. I am sure there are prepared people here in the Gretna area, we just need to find them or they need to find us.

I love being a missionary. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, but it is amazing. I wouldn't give it up for anything! The Book of Mormon is SOOO TRUE! Like Moroni says in Moroni 10:4, "ask if these things are not true..." The Gospel is just so amazing and so great, how could it not be true? It is touching the lives of millions upon millions, and more and more every day. We are in an exciting time. The gospel is rolling forth! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

I love you all, Keep up the good work in whatever you may be doing. Read EVERY DAY! :D

Love,

Elder Joshua R. Spencer

P.S. The Bullock family is just absolutely fantastic! They are just so great and I look up to all of them. Give em all a big ol' hug for me! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment