M R DUCKS, M R NOT!!!

Dated:  September 9, 2013

So this has been an alright week. The area is slow and we have only about 2 investigators, and neither are solid. The best thing about the week was Friday. We did Zone Meeting. We talked about faith. Our mission averages less then 30 baptisms a month, and we have double the missionaries as before. That is not good, we should be getting double the baptisms. So President Pitt was inspired to talk to us about faith. Faith is Power. If you have Faith all things are possible that are God’s will. (Moroni 7:33). We, as a mission, are all exercising faith. God asks us to sacrifice to show our faith, and what he asks us to sacrifice is our personal sins. So we are, as a mission, putting on the alter all things that we are doing that keeps us from being obedient to the rules, or from being the best missionaries we can be. We are stepping forward with faith, together to get this mission rolling. We have built up our faith, and we are going to push forward. This month the mission's goal for baptisms is 50. We are praying for it and working to get it. Because of the faith being demonstrated, miracles are happening.

So, yesterday at church, the Bishop came up to me 2 min before the meeting started and said that the high councilman that was supposed to show up wasn't going to be there. He asked me if I would be the first speaker. I told him yes. I had no idea this would happen. So I got up after the sacrament and gave a 10 minute impromptu talk. It was actually kind of fun. I had nothing to go on but the spirit and what was in my heart. So I introduced myself and told them about the family.  I shared my trek experience and talked about coming unto the savior. I told everyone about Daniel and his amazing skills at playing the cello, welding, and skiing. The bishop also had his mom get up and speak and he gave a talk.

This has been a good week. I love you all, thank you for your prayers and support. Read every day, Keep on praying, and do all you can to come unto the savior. He never leaves us, we just sometimes turn our back on him. When we do that he is always inviting us to turn around and come back to change and become better. The great thing about this life is that we can change. We don't have to be the same, we can become better. Church is the place to be every single Sunday. I love the gospel and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!

Love you all!

Love,

Elder Joshua R. Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment