"CPR" - IT SAVES LIVES!

Dated:  October 21, 2013

This has been a great week. It was a little stressful at the beginning because I had the opportunity to do a district meeting with our district and our Zone Leaders and President and Sister Pitt. Pres. Pitt was there for interviews. It was fantastic. I love being around President. He is amazing. I believe that the Lord sent me to this mission because of President Pitt. He and Sister Pitt have really impacted my whole life! The district meeting was alright. Everyone told me it was great. I hope it was. We talked about finding people and teaching simple doctrine to people so that the spirit can testify to them of the truth of what we are saying.

I went on exchanges with our Zone Leaders. They are great too. I learned a lot. Elder Fielding is the Zone Leader I went with. He has been out 9 months. Our mission is so young! I am coming up on 8 months and that makes me sad. Two years isn't enough time. I really love this work.

Elder MacPherson and I taught a lady named Terry the Stop Smoking Program. It is a 7 day program that if the people will commit to do it, they will be smoke free in 7 days. It is pretty neat.

On Saturday, We all went up to Huntington, WV for the adult session of Stake Conference. It was all about missionary work. I have been thinking about how much church and conference and other meetings are focused on missionary work. It is obviously something that we need to work on as a church, or we wouldn't be spending so much time on it. We need to think about what it means to us to hasten. The Lord has hastened his work. President Pitt says that He thinks the Savior wants to come, but things need to happen and we need to prepare the world. The world is getting nasty and it is getting worse by the hour, the Savior wants to come. Lets do our part so he will.

Something that I was thinking about this week is just how awesome Heaven is going to be. Do you have someone that you just love being in the presence of? Someone that you just love being around? Someone that you love and they love you? Now think about what it will be like to be with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ FOREVER. Think of all those that you love on the earth now that will also be there. That is where I want to be.  I want to be where my family is going to be. I want to be where my amazing friends are going to be. I want to be where President and Sister Pitt and the amazing missionaries that I serve with are going to be. I want to be where Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are going to be.  I want to be where the amazing people that I love and the people I get to serve with are going to be.  I want everyone to be there. And there is only one place that can be, The Celestial Kingdom. So, everyone make it to the Celestial Kingdom because I want to be with you there. GOT IT!?!?  Good!  A good question to think about when you are tempted is "So, Where do you want to be and who do you want to be with?"

The CHURCH IS TRUE!!! This is the path, the way, the one true way back to our Father. He has told us exactly what we must do, and so lets do it with smiles on our face for we believe in Christ. "...as many as shall believe in Christ shall also become a delightsome people." -2 Ne. 30:7
We are a Delightsome people.

I love you all. Keep up the great work you do. Go to Church, Read, Pray. "CPR" It saves Lives.

Love,

Elder Spencer

Drywall!  (Elder Josh is at the far end holding up the drywall.)


Preparing for the Jenny Wiley Festival


Making District Calls

No comments:

Post a Comment