I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

Dated:  5/13/13

WAHOOO!!!

I love being a missionary. It is the greatest thing in the whole wide world. Now with that introduction I'll keep on writing.

I loved talking with you guys on Sunday. That was fun. I hope you guys keep the new fridge clean enough so it still looks new in 2 years. That is my challenge to you. :D It was also a lot of fun to see Bro. and Sis. Jones. That was cool. Daniel, be safe with the shotgun, and Rachel, make sure you don't paint on the walls with all your new painting stuff. Mom and Dad wouldn't like that.

So, Not much happened this week except for Zone Conference, which was absolutely fantastic. Also, I went on exchanges with a new missionary, Elder Shepherd (made me think of Colonel Shepherd from Stargate) and he has been out for about 3 weeks. I am getting close to the end of my 12 week training. It will be interesting what happens after that. Elder O thinks he is going to get transferred. And I am going to stay. I would be OK with that. There are some things that I love about Gretna. I would be OK with moving too because I just love being a missionary and wherever the Lord sends me I am just going to love it.

I am going to go on a rant about the Book of Mormon again. I love that book and I am going to study the living daylights out of it. Inside are precious and beautiful truths that can be revealed by the Holy Ghost. I know that to be true because I have been experiencing it. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it shows us how to be happy, and how to have everlasting joy. Drink from its pages everyday. Elder O and I were talking and we find it interesting that when life gets busy, often, the first thing that we neglect is scripture study, then maybe church and prayer because we "don't have the time, and its not convenient for us." The Atonement surely wasn't convenient for the Savior. It certainly isn't convenient that all God has to work with is "the imperfect being that we are." Callings aren't convenient, service isn't convenient. All in all, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not a church that is there to be convenient for us. It is something we do because we know it is true and God has asked us to do it. Keeping to the basics even in the hard times is what God has asked us to do. So, I am going to do it. Make the decision now that you are going to go to the Celestial Kingdom, then base all you do off that decision. It will be easier to stay on the path because you already the the decision to do so.

I love you all. I am glad to have seen all of your beautiful faces. Remember to read. :D

Love,

Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment