BEING A MISSIONARY IS AN AMAZING THING

Dated:  November 12, 2013

So Elder Sitati of the 70 came to our mission for a mission tour this week. It was sweet! He taught us some great things. It was very simple but powerful. He taught us a lot, both in example and in doctrine. It was great! The spirit was strong and I was happy.

This week hasn't been to eventful other than Elder Sitati coming to the mission. It snowed today! UGG IT IS SO COLD!

Being a missionary is an amazing thing. It is wonderful and I love it. I was sitting in church on Sunday up at the sacrament table, and I watched as less-active members and investigators we have been working with and recent converts, were walking into the chapel. One of the most joyous feelings I have ever felt is seeing those people walk into the chapel! I LOVE IT!

Thank you everyone who sent me packages and letters. They were great! It was exciting to get those.

Cool story, so we were driving back from Charleston in WV after Elder Sitati (a member was driving us) and we decided to stop and eat at Olive Garden, so we go in and eat our food, and the waitress brings us our check. The member goes to pay for it but the waitress says, "it has already been paid for. Someone paid for your meal." Someone paid for our food! It was a huge blessing. I am so grateful for it. Being a missionary is humbling. I love this service. My purpose is to come unto Christ and invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism and other saving ordinances, Receiving and being worthy of the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end. That Should be all of our purpose. If that is our purpose, then we are aligned with God and we will do God’s will. What a blessing he lets us know what he wants us to do. Jesus Christ changes lives though the Gospel. I have seen it. It works, and it is true and I know it!

I love you all!

Love,

Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment