I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN I HEARD THEY HAD BEEN BAPTIZED.

DATED: June 17, 2014

I don’t really have too much to say this week. I am staying in Mannington and my new comp is going to be Elder Anderson... Suprise Suprise.... hehe. We have some members that live up in Pennsylvania so we went and visited them last Sunday. O, Elder Rodriguez is transferring to Charleston West, my old area! He is going to be there with Elder Ramirez and Elder Allen. Elder Ramirez is still down there. He sent me a letter and apparently some of the people that we were teaching, Crystal, and her son Jarome have been baptized, and more people in that family will be baptized in the coming weeks. If you don't remember, Jarome is the kid we were bringing to church. He is like 12 years old and he wanted to come to church and Karen was taking him while I was there. I was so excited when I heard they had been baptized.

Other than that not much has happened here this week. We are going to do our best to hit it hard and find those people that are prepared for the gospel.

Something that we found this week as we were studying, in 3rd Nephi 23, the Savior has Nephi bring the record he has been keeping. He looks at it and sees that the prophecy of Samuel is missing, so he tells them to write it down. It is very special that the Savior himself handled the record of the Book of Mormon. He himself made sure that everything he wanted was in there. The Book of Mormon is powerful.

I love you all!

Love,

Elder Spencer

When your car is in the shop and you need a new way to get around,
just go visit a barn.  We are in a companionship for a reason, right?

O, one thing I forgot about this week that I wanted to share with you. We have a member that raises rabbits and harvests them and sells them. He asked us to come and help him do it. I was eager to learn how to do this so of course we said yes. So we helped him butcher 15 Rabbits. I took some pictures, and some of them are a little gruesome, so I’ll just send the finished product. (Rachel, please don’t hate me for this.)

The finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment