I HAVE A GRANDSON!

DATED:  September 15, 2014

My new companion is Elder Eli Blaine from Herriman Utah. I am pretty sure I made the street sign on the street his lives on. :D He is 18 years old and just graduated from Herriman High (I also made signs for his high school). He is awesome and a powerful missionary. He is learning fast and he just jumps right on in to try new things. Also his Uncle is David Blaine!

This was a good week though. We had to drive up to Beckly (about 200 miles) to drop Elder Baty off and there I met Elder Blaine. We then drove to Bluefield and had dinner at Ryan's (It's a Chuck-a-Rama equivalent, but not as good) with all the other missionaries transferring. Then we drove back and met with some people. It was a good first day. The next day we were able to find a new investigator and teach 3 lessons to people.

We have been knocking lots of doors. I have just been trying to show Elder Blaine the ropes of missionary work. It is interesting to see where I am compared to where I was when I first came out on my mission. This training experience is much different than last time. I have a lot more know how then last time. O, on another note, Elder Snow is also training, so I have a Grandson! :D

Elder Blaine and I are going to be starting a Book of Mormon Study class on Tuesday. It is going to be fun. Our Branch President ordered us some institute manuals and we are going to use those to teach the class.

So I would like to just share something I learned this week.

Genesis 1:26-27 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

I was thinking this week how one of the titles God has is Creator. Often, when I think of God as the Creator I think of what he already has Created. But his name isn't the "Created" its "Creator". I realized that God still creates. That is what he does. What is he creating? Well, I think he is working on creating what means the most to him. US! God is the Creator and the thing he is Creating is US. He is making us into something more. He is striving to make us into Gods. In the scripture above it says that he made man in his image, to look like him, and after his likeness, to be like him. I really just feel that God is creating us by giving us experience and opportunities to learn every day. We are a growing and a becoming people. We strive to learn and grow because it brings us joy. If you look at what God has created you are able to see the greatness of his creations. As it says in the scriptures "the heaves and earth." He has created huge things and small things. Look at the detail in a bug or flower or plant, or look at the beauty of seeing a large mass like the horizon, the mountains, or the ocean. This world is a beautiful place that God Created. If he can do that, imagine what he can create you into. WOW! Just remember your importance to God. Everyone you see has divine potential. Everyone has their own challenges and concerns and God is aware of them all. He asks us to be his hands in bringing peace and salvation to His children.

Isn't the Gospel just awesome!!! I love it. I love all of you. Keep on pressing forward. Remember who you are and how important you are. You can do hard things!

Love,

Elder Josh Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment